Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Graphite Vintage Bicycle Drawing

Over the course of the past three weeks, I have been working non-stop on my graphite pencil drawing of a vintage bicycle called the Londoner.  I have finally finished the drawing and I must say I am quite surprised!  I learned that composition can really vary and that it really matters how large or small or close-up you draw that can change your final draft.  I realized that by shading using different pencils such as the 6B, 2H, and HB, in varying shades of of gray, charcoal, and black, that I can make something look very realistic.  I was honestly very surprised how many steps were put into drawing anything to perfect the look of realism.  I am most proud because i portrayed depth quite well.  I had no inkling that I could acheive something as difficult as sketching a realistic bike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment